University of Minnesota Dining Services To-Go Program
Grab a meal on-the-go with University Dining Services’ new University of Minnesota Dining Services To-Go program! Now, you can use your meal plan for a carry out meal from your favorite residential restaurant. Just bring your U Card to the cashier at any residential restaurant for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner or late night, use a meal swipe (or cash or FlexDine!), and enjoy a hot meal on the run!
How does it work?
1. Pay $8 refundable deposit at any residential restaurant (in Bailey, Middlebrook, Centennial, Comstock, Pioneer, Sanford or 17th Ave Hall) in cash or FlexDine
2. Receive To-Go Container (and compostable To-Go Cup for a beverage)
3. Purchase a meal with a meal swipe from your meal plan or by FlexDine or cash at individual door rates ($8.25 for breakfast, $9.75 for lunch/brunch, $10.25 for dinner/late night)
4. Receive receipt (and hang on to it – you need it to leave the residential restaurant!)
5. Fill your To-Go Container with tasty foods!
6. Return your receipt to the greeter before you leave the residential restaurant
8. Rinse your To-Go Container and return it to one of the seven residential restaurants
9. After returning, you have 2 options:
- Take another clean To-Go Container
- Take a carabiner to exchange for another reusable To-Go container when you’re ready to carry out again!
10. Return your To-Go Container at the end of the year and get reiumbursed $8 in FlexDine to your account
Weekly meal plan holders (on the 11 or 14 meals per week plans) are allowed to use the To-Go Program one time per day. Anytime Dining meal plan holders are allowed to utilize the To-Go Program up to three times per day.
No! You can pay for the reusable To-Go container with cash and pay for your To-Go meals at individual door rates at any of the seven residential restaurants ($8.25 for breakfast, $9.75 for lunch/brunch, $10.25 for dinner/late night).
No. Our reusable container is required to participate in the UDS To-Go meal program.
To-Go users are required to return the receipt to the greeter before leaving the residential restaurant. If the receipt is not returned, an additional meal swipe may be charged to the user.